Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Food Feast

My family and I always take road trips down south to see my dad's side of the family and my grandmother. Last year we went down for Thanksgiving break to spend the food-filled holiday with a different side of the family for once. My uncle Mike is an astonishing cook and he used to take culinary classes in highschool and college, so he was mostly the one cooking our Thanksgiving feast with a little help of course, me! We devoted a whole day and a half to cooking the food we were about to put on our table that night. We cooked the feast as I stared in bewilderment at the light brown turkey and vegetables with an assortment of yellows, greens, and oranges. My mouth completely watered when we took the crisp apple pie out of the oven and snuck a little piece and rearranged the other pieces to look like we never took one. That Thanksgiving was one I couldn't forget and I can't wait to go back and do it again next year. 
  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something my family would do, just tempted me to have/do all the things you said you did, with your family. Good job describing the food too, had my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete